My Right Now Obsession

My obsession of the moment.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New Storage!

Melmers seem to be the go-to nail polish storage. I figured the plastic storage boxes I was using was good enough, but with Michael's sale this week of 40% off all storage, how could I not buy one really?! With the sale I bought the 1 storage cube for $24. I also bought 3 sheets of scrapbooking paper for $0.59 a piece. I got this idea from the blog rebecca likes nails. To follow her step by step guide to decorating the front of your Melmers, click here.



There were a couple of things I noted along the way that would help the process in the future. The first thing is, the vertical striped paper was the best because you aren't going to find scrapbooking paper wide enough to fit the drawers and the stripes were an excellent way to hide the seams. You can't tell at first glance, but you can easily spot the seam on the butterflies. The other thing is if you're not familiar with Mod Podge, as I wasn't, it will leave brush strokes. I used a foam brush and it still left brush strokes you can see in the light. Again, the vertical stripes were great at hiding that a lot better than the butterflies. I personally loved the butterfly paper so much that it won't bother me, but there's a couple of tips for you if that's a deal breaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment